Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mini Brief One.

A busy schedule means that I have been running a little bit behind on my blog posts, but luckily I have been keeping notes in class on bits of paper, (oh the organisation of an artist!)

Digital Media has provided me with some very good and exciting skills to put to use on photoshop and I feel that my editing is getting better and better each week. Mini brief one consisted of making a face out of multiple facial features. This was a particularly fun task and meant that I got to practice working with layers and experiment with using transparency blend modes.

We were given several facial features to work with such as sheeps ears, cows noses, hawk eyes, lizards frill neck and leopard faces but I also decided that I wanted to include some of my own images. At the beginning of February I photographed a friend for her university ID but as beautiful as she looked in them, she was not that happy with them and I ended up editing a photo from one night we went to a party, so she looked like a major babe in her ID photo!! Lucky gal! Anyway, I used her beautiful face as the basis for my image and worked with that to create a new face, with sheep ears, butterflies sitting on her head, flowers in her hair, a leopard print face, her own sparkling eyes, someone from the internets eyebrows and a dog nose.

Take a look!


She reminds me of a little fairy tale creature!!

I encountered a couple of problems while I was creating this image, such as finding eyebrows that suited her face. It was also tricky erasing the leopard print opaque skin layer so it fitted her face well. While I didn't learn any major new photoshop skills in this class, there were a few little things that I did learn! For example, - brighting eyes using the dodging skill, and learning about the different effects that transparency blend modes have on an image. See below how these affected the image...


All in all, I did have a lot of fun working with the layers and creating something out of the ordinary. 




No comments:

Post a Comment