Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mini Brief Two.

I definitely think one of my most favourite things about photoshop is its ability to retouch photos and make people look flawless, I mean after all it's what we see constantly in magazines! If only we could look as perfect as they portray some to be all the time. But probably the most valuable thing that photoshop offers us, is the way you can retouch an image that you may consider nearly destroyed. It might be ripped, torn, have creases in, be discoloured or even have an area of the image ruined. You can almost alway fix it with photoshop.

Mini brief two gave us the opportunity to fix a photo that was 'damaged'. In my case, that was a little bit difficult, as having two photographers in the family means that we take care of our images. But I did manage to find one.. one of me, crinkled up at the bottom of the trunk they are stored in. It had pretty much been screwed up and had weight on it so the creases were reasonably significant. It was a black and white photo so I was able to clone areas to remove the creases, airbrush imperfection from these creases off my face and get rid of a big white scratch off the photo.


I also repaired the skin on one of my photos that I had taken for the florist shoot I have mentioned in previous blog posts. Here make up was done so well but when I took a close up shot, unfortunately my sharp and fast lens caught the imperfections and made her pores show, so I airbrushed her skin a little and dodged her eyes to make them even stronger than her skin.


We were also given the task of adding a person into a photograph and so I added myself into a photo of my friend and her mother as they wanted a photo with me that day but I was busy taking the photos! This was a bit difficult because I had to muck around with the selection of myself to make sure my lighting looked the same as what was on them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment